Philli was our next stop after Atlantic City.
We only allowed ourselves a couple of days in the USA’s old capital but we managed to pack in some interesting experiences:
The Museum of Art, featuring the Rocky statue and the steps he famously ran up.
We did too!
Memo to self: need to get in shape.
Although a lot of Americans would have trouble doing it.
The Sugar City Casino for an evening meal and more free slot dollars -Jenny the non-gambler managed to turn her free $20 in slot play into $160, but still continues NOT to be sucked in.
· The annual Philadelphia Science Fair, with crazy scientists doing experiments
· An antique market, with lots of interesting memorabilia
· Walking along the Delaware River, lots of joggers
· A famous Philadelphia cheesesteak: huge & pure cholesterol -It tasted OK, but last one I ever have!
· The Reading Markets, great fresh food, coffee, atmosphere
· The Liberty Bell, big and famous
· Penn’s Landing, recently upgraded riverfront area.
Only a couple of days in Phili, but a real insight into America’s history.